Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Orphan Train


Orphan Train 
by Christina Baker Kline

I'd not previously read a book by Christina Baker Kline but I've
already picked up a second one from the library!

That's how much I liked this book.

Set in two different eras, Orphan Train tells the stories of two women,
one nearing the end of her life and the other just entering adulthood.

The two are put together by coincidence, developing
a friendship due to a common bond they didn't know they had.

The book and it's characters are fictitious but they
could easily be the story of any number of the thousands 
of orphaned and abandoned children who were sent by train 
from East Coast to Midwest America between 1854 and 1929.

Knowing a story based in reality always draws 
me in.  Putting myself in another persons shoes always
makes me take a fresh look at areas in my life where I might be 
less than grateful.  It causes me to re-evaluate and I think that is healthy.

I'm interested to read the next Christina Baker Kline book to see
if it was her writing/story telling ability that I loved so much or if that book
was just a once off success.  I'll keep you posted ... 


1 comments:

Terri August 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM  

I love books set in reality too. sounds like a good book


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP