Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Love Comes Softly

 photo 8763C928-90C2-4E9D-BE53-3F4C39FFDF7B-20379-00000A6779074C53_zpsdf8f0155-1.jpg

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

First published in 1979, I cannot believe I have never read a book by this author!  I've heard of her.  I've heard of people loving her books.  I'm sure these have even been recommended to me.  For whatever reason, I didn't pick one up until the other day!  I am so glad I did.  It was just what I needed!  I was feeling under the weather.  No energy.  Not wanting to do anything much except sleep.  Of course, I couldn't sleep all day so I grabbed a book, one that I had borrowed from the library.  I started it late morning and finished it just after dinner time!

Set in the 1800's, this is a story about a widow and a widower who marry out of convenience.  The widower has a small child who needs caring for and the widow has no place to live and a baby on the way.  The story is about their journey, finding their way together to become a family.  A love story.

I adore stories set in this era.  They have always appealed to me.  I love the sense of family togetherness.  The community.  The way the simple things in life are experienced and appreciated.   I love the way they seemed to not take life for granted or expect everything to be handed to them.  They worked hard.  They helped each other.  They made the best of what they had.  They shared. 

I'm super excited about this book discovery because there are more!  It's the start of a series and I've ordered the other SEVEN(!) that follow it from my library.  Woo hoo!  I can't wait to dig in!

2 comments:

Mari March 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM  

You're going to love them! Our church library has the books and also the movies that were done of them.

Terri March 19, 2013 at 6:19 AM  

i can't believe you've never read her books - for once i've read something you haven't!! glad you enjoyed - she's got a lot out there for you


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP