Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blood Brothers

 photo 4DC57936-8C01-45E6-9BDE-6AAB4EF91430-18284-0000097E380F2843_zpsd092caad.jpg

I last posted a book review here in October 2012.
That was the last book I read.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Life has been
a little bit
hectic.

But, this past week, I decided enough is enough.  If I don't have time to read, something needs to change.  While I haven't made any huge changes worth talking about (yet), I did manage to carve out a bit of time to spend reading!  I plan to keep that up!

I have never read anything by Josephine Cox before so I wasn't sure what to expect.   I did a quick trip into the library the other day and grabbed this off the shelf and I'm glad I did, I enjoyed it enough that I'll pick up another of her many books.  I'm not sure I'd say I liked this book though.  I enjoyed the way it was written.  I enjoyed that I wanted to keep reading to find out what happened.  But I found it disturbing.

The story is about two brothers, polar opposites, in love with the same woman.  It's about choices made, consequences and the ripple effect out through the families involved.  I found the actions of so many of the characters to be over the top.  I'm not sure if this is because I have lived such a sheltered existence, or if they really were so cold and heartless.  I think that is what I found so disturbing.

I found the ending a little less than satisfying too.  It seemed abrupt.  I would have liked it a bit less so. 

I'll be interested to see if these things are present in more of her books ...

I'll let you know.

0 comments:


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP