Wednesday, November 21, 2012

{Energy} Corner View

Photobucket

Hello! 

I have been away from my blog for a few weeks.  Why, you ask?  I'll tell you.  My best friend in the whole wide world came for a visit.  She was here for two weeks.  Two weeks that flew past in the blink of an eye.  Two weeks packed full of time on the beach, time in coffee shops, cafes, restaurants.  Time doing tourist activities like visiting Australia Zoo and Sydney.  Hours and hours of talking.  If we weren't sleeping, we were talking.   Hours spent doing life together, just being us.  Cooking.  Organizing.  Shopping.  Laughing.  Two weeks that are etched into my memory bank with the heading "two of my favorite weeks EVER!"

Shay and I have been friends for more than 20 years now.  Nearing our 40's, being busy Moms with study and work thrown into the mix sometimes leaves us feeling less ENERGETIC than we were 20 years ago.  This trip, though we weren't filled with the ENDLESS ENERGY we had in our late teens/early 20's, was packed with a renewed ENERGY we both enjoyed.  It was fun to just be two girls again.  Especially in Sydney where we explored the City, adventured, got ourselves lost and then found our way, walked miles and miles, were silly and crazy.  We rode on buses, monorails, and a boat! We ate good food.  We ate bad food.  We discovered the dessert of a lifetime.  Perfect for lifelong friends ....

**
Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.  It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up over at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other Corner Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations of the themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !

9 comments:

Mrs. Wallace November 21, 2012 at 8:40 AM  

LOVE that you guys got this time...so lovely!

Anonymous November 22, 2012 at 6:17 AM  

sounds like some perfect two weeks ... and then I'm so curious about that dessert :)

Redeker November 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM  

The energy form when you were 20 is different than ( nearly) 40! I also know that and notice that.
For me it is mostly noticeable of not going out any more and in my 20th I went out endless!
Now I use my energy different more conscious...I guess that's the age ;-)

Alla November 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM  

sounds like a dreamy 2 weeks!!! nothing like a visiting friend to pump you full of energy and wonder for your own city!

Francesca November 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM  

I remember when you announced her visit - it must be really special to have a friendship like that, that never ends.

shayndel November 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM  

Sounds wonderful and the photo is so gorgeous!

Kari November 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM  

i feel the energy in your posts.
such friendships are priceless. glad you had the best 2 weeks ever!!

nadine paduart November 23, 2012 at 4:43 AM  

sounds like just the thing!!
the picture says it all too...
n♥

Li + Belle November 24, 2012 at 2:07 AM  

This is a beautiful photo - and the two weeks have been glorious. I can well imagine that energy comes two weeks with a friend, and much time together.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP