Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday's Books { 1 }

Photobucket

I went into the library this week. I go once a week. Every week.  I love the library.  I feel it is a great resource that not near enough people make use of.  As I was chatting to the librarian, she asked me why my borrowing numbers have decreased recently.  You see, they used to tease me because I'd go in and have a box of reserved books waiting for me to pick up.  The truth, and I told her this, is just lack of time recently.  Not that I'm not borrowing, or reading.  I'm reading more than ever and today I borrowed five books.  I still have a stash on my shelf too from last week.  And plenty on my reserve list too that like a million other people are waiting for so it's taking some time to get them.

She said they were having a discussion this morning about how much the borrowing from the library had decreased recently and said that she thinks that eventually libraries will become obsolete and no longer exist.  That made me so sad.  

I decided then and there to do my bit to save the library ... 

And this is the first thought I had.  Every Thursday I'm going to show you what books I got from the library.  I may or may not review them later on after I've read them ... 

I would love it if many of you would join with me.  Especially if you are a library lover !!  Just take a photo of your library books ... post it somewhere ... anywhere (!) ... facebook, instagram, flickr, photobucket ... your blog ... and then come leave me a comment so I can come see.  

I love photos of library books !  I'm not even kidding !  My friend Khrista posts photos of her library book stacks on her instagram and I always take a photo of it on my phone (because stinkin' instagram doesn't let you zoom in) and then zoom in for a closer look !  I then head over to my goodreads page and add books from her pile that interest me !!

I'm excited about this weeks book.  The bottom two are cookbooks from Melbourne Restaurants that we ate at just a week ago!  I can't wait to look through them.  Michelle Obama's book about her garden and garden's across America is one I stumbled upon and am excited to peruse.   The top two caught my eye on the shelf today .... 

And there you have it ... 

So, tell me ... what are you reading ?  And have you visited your library lately ?

2 comments:

Khrista August 30, 2012 at 6:20 AM  

LOVE this idea! We go almost weekly as well, but mostly for My Girl to restock! :) I always want to read more, but tend to come home with piles of cookbooks! :) Our library is a bit small but has been really good about new books lately!
I will join in as much as I can! What fun! :)

Le monde dÖ August 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM  

That's a nice idea! Libraries and books are so important!!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP